Wednesday, January 30, 2013
MY TWEETS (ON TWITTER) - AND SOME GREAT QUOTES - WHICH YOU MAY LIKE
MY TWEETS (ON TWITTER)
and some great quotes
WHICH YOU MAY LIKE
I do tweet frequently on twitter. Though mostly I avoid Political subjects and stick to social and spiritual aspects, My responses to serious National events also form part of my tweets.
Some tweets reflect thought provoking quotes of others (like OSHO, as indicated at the end). Some are in reply to others’ tweets (Indicated at beginning). Many are ideas of the day, flashing in my brain.
Enjoy all of them. You will find many of them interesting and topical.
1. If Love and peace are not inside, Rest of Religion is redundant. God has no place inside you- whatever else you do.
2. If Love and Peace stand rooted firmly inside, Rest of religion is redundant. God is already within.
3. Love & Peace must be the Religion, which Unites world against Hatred and violence.
4. Hindus interpret Hinduism, Muslims interpret Islam, Christians interpret C'nity in many ways. And, fight on these differences.
5. Freedom of Expression is very valuable. But, there are differences of opinion on what it really means, where it stops.
6. In the beginning was the word. The word was God. And God was LOVE! You don't see God. But, U can see Love.
7. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries-says Dalai Lama. Terrorism & Cruelty exist where people with love-less hearts exist
8. Take away Love & our earth is a tomb-says Robert Browning. Krishna to Gandhi, every Great man said so. Sin & cruelty persist where love doesn't.
9. Planting millions of trees is a Huge, monumental, incomparable service to India. When will India honor persons/institutions who did that?
(This was with reference to Padma Awards by Government)
10. Yoga is both an Art and Science. And, it is an Indian Science, now widely adopted in world. Why not PADMA AWARDS for popularizing it?
11. For Rape Victims in India, Police Are Often Part of the Problem - says an article in NY Times
12. "If you're a woman in distress, the last thing you want to do is go to the police." VRINDA GROVER, - as quoted in NY Times
13. Peace depends upon Mutual respect. Pak must move to remove Hate-India curriculum from its school Books. It helps more than Trade
14. @TomZiglar Very True. Gratitude must be the governing factor in our life - and make life beautiful-for us and those to whom show gratitude.
15. You are your confinement.-OSHO
16. What is the cause of bondage? Identification....Wherever your identification is, there is your imprisonment.-OSHO
17. If I say I am God, it becomes an offense. I am simply saying that U can also become gods, never settle for less. But U feel offended -OSHO
18. Breath is just like a Horse, and you have not looked at the rider yet. The rider is prana - (OSHO)
19. Mind is a Bad master; but a good slave. Yoga enables U to master the mind.
20. Jesus said-Love thy enemies. But, we actually like Having Enemies.(says, Eckhart Tolle).When one enemy dies, we search for another.
21. No one can differ from me in this one thing: You & I both want 2 be Healthy & Happy. Being Happy is easier-U Can be happy without any thing.
22. Good Health and Good humor are contagious, while, not every illness is contagious.
23. @sardesairajdeep Education must start teaching the Need to respect parents& respect between Boys & Girls. Else, Coed becomes risky.
24. @sardesairajdeep :Let people tell their opinions. All opinions do not matter. But freedom of expression must be there.
25. @DeepakChopra :Yes. A healthy body and Healthy mind -are both essential for Yoga also - says Lord Krishna in Gita
26. @washingtonpost If parent fails to control/spank in time - Cops will do it much more later in life
27. @washingtonpost :Within reasonable limits, it is Good Parenting. Beyond it, it is abuse.
28. @ibnlive :Time to review where society is grievously wrong in respect of children & turning them into Criminals. INTROSPECTION is needed
29. @BarackObama :Good Economics cum Good Politics - ensuring Good living for the 98% of people
30. @ndtvfeed If U respect woman, as mother, sister or daughter, U R Bharat; not if U want 2 look at her as sex object.
31. @IndianEditorial :If even a juvenile commits a big crime - fault is on us and the system. We must introspect.
32. @thekiranbedi India did respect mother, sister, daughter. Others as Mother. Not encouraged Pure friendship of current day type, though,
33. @sagarikaghose When we promote public drunkenness, of either Men or women, drunkenness leads to crimes. Most Rapists are DRUNKEN.
34. @thenewshour : We need to implement existing Laws effectively. We don't need new laws. Fences are eating crops. That is the problem.
35. @sagarikaghose : Not new law. Implementation old laws FAST. We go overboard always. To right one wrong, we commit another.
36. @ndtvfeed It is high time for social psychologists to examine cultural degradation-find remedies. Individual cases are just symptom.
37. @thekiranbedi Girls and Boys who have become disciples of Sadhguru Jaggi, Sri Sri etc are far more peaceful and happy. Take such counsel
38. Until Education starts inculcating strong morals & ethics into Boys, Girls & Grown-ups, we will continue to be immoral & Unethical
39. LAW changes people very little. Education is the only way by which people become either GOOD or BAD; Humane or Cruel
40. Freud says, he could never understand a single woman in his career. Situation seems same for all Men till today.
41. Majority is Never RIGHT. Minority is never RIGHT. Only the wise man is right. Seek his COUNSEL.
42. 1st sloka of Gita epitomizes our twin faults. I and MINE are our blindness from that day to this. They make us commit all sins & tell Untruths
43. For any action, GOAL is important. PATH is more important. CLARITY is even more important. Without Clarity, there is No Path & No Goal
44. Do not tolerate ANY LIES - especially from those in Power. Condemn the lies UNEQUIVOCALLY
45. Truth and Trust go together. When trust is broken too often, no one can believe our words as TRUTH.
46. Jesus Christ sacrificed his life - for Truth. His resurrection is out of compassion.
47. Truth is one. Lies can be many. Those in Power can turn truths of others into Lies
48. KNOWLEDGE & STUPIDITY co-exist. Each has boundaries but may overlap with the other.
49. There are REFLECTORS all around. EYES and EARS merely absorb these reflections. Even Darkness is also a reflection.
50. Brahman is - when we experience our self all around us & also experience total UNIVERSE within us. When difference dissolves, Brahman appears
51. EDUCATE FIRST - PREVENT NEXT - REFORM THEREAFTER - PUNISH LAST BUT FAST PUNISHMENT TOO MUST. REFORM & NOT DEFORM
52. @vvijayamohan @ibnlive :IF WE DON'T CONTAIN THE CAUSE (SEX&VIOLENCE IN MOVIES), THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTAIN THE EFFECT(RAPES IN SOCIETY).
53. @ibnlive Half clad Heroines, Item Numbers, extramarital pursuits/eve-teasing by Heroes on screen, rape scenes-what do they do in Males?
Well; these are my recent tweets. As I said, You and I can agree, or disagree – but we must think of the social ills all around us, debate on them and come to some mutually acceptable solutions. Democracy is - finding such mutually acceptable and beneficial solutions.