Thursday, May 22, 2014
PRIORITIES FOR MODI-TALK & WALK - GRACEFUL TO ACCEPT CRITICISM - FRIEND OF NEIGHBOURS - MINISTERS MUST PERFORM - ROADS, ENERGY - LINK AP,ODISHA RIVERS EASY
NARENDRA MODI , THE PM
With the swearing-in ceremony four days from Now, Narendra Modi will be the Prime Minister of India on 26th of this Month. The People who have voted with so much enthusiasm for Modi will heave a big sigh of relief that their Vote has become fruitful.
There are already clear indications that Modi will be a PERFORMER and not just an ORATOR, though, both roles are important for a Prime Minister. It was unfortunate that Dr.Manmohan Singh was neither of these, during his tenure as PM. Whoever says whatever, Mr.Singh wasn’t willing to Talk. For a PM, that was not a great quality. Silence is Golden, only when controversies arise. They need measured responses. But, for everyday problems of the nation, two-way communication between the Governing and the Governed is a must. That, surely, will happen, in the coming months in a healthy way. Modi must ensure this two-way communication always.
Your bitterest critics are ultimately, your best well wishers, if you learn the right lessons from them. You will always have a lot of lessons to learn from their criticism, if you have the willingness. Putting it the other way, allow or even ask your well-wishers to be your bitterest critics – and, do it consciously. This is Lesson No.1 for the Modi Government – and for that matter, for all of us.
This is one of the Best management Lessons that Bill Gates of Microsoft is very famous for. Microsoft was one company, which consciously invited the worst ridicule and criticism from all around the Globe, on all its new products – but, that ridicule only made Microsoft correct the flaws in its products and make them unbeatable. Over the years, it has built up a huge reservoir of the best and bitterest critics, who will first receive its product copies (free!) – for them to analyze and criticize. That makes Microsoft the world leader. Over a period of time, the same critics have also turned the best admirers-cum-critics of Microsoft.
India’s governments at the Centre and in the States do not invite criticism and do not take criticism when offered even in the most constructive way. The record of UPA Government is DISMAL and ABYSMAL in this respect. The one single reason for its FALL is its intolerance of Just criticism.
RamDevji’s criticism was Just Criticism. Initially, he never criticized the Party in office. He wanted Black money and corruption issues to be tackled by the Government. But, UPA government TACKLED HIM, rather than the issues.
If I am to address the issue, when RamDevji was sitting in Fast, I would have invited him and asked him to assist the Government in any and every possible manner in unearthing Black money. Unless UPA leaders had something heinous to hide from public view, why should they be afraid of RamDevji’s demand on Black money , especially?
Even ignoring Ram Devji was not done by UPA. He was hounded with all the forces in the Government’s command. Therefore, RamDevji vowed to bring down the UPA Government. Apart from Modi, if there was one single person who effectively campaigned against UPA, it was Ram Devji. And, UPA has to blame itself for it. Modi has to thank Ram Devji for it. Anna Hazare was also similarly tackled by UPA. Arvind Kejriwal was also UPA’s creation. If there will be a future effective opposition leader in India, it will be Arvind Kejriwal – not Congress - but, only if he rectifies his own theatrics.
The Way, Modi himself was hounded by UPA II, was the prime cause of Modi’s rise in people’s mind. The only governance of UPA which was in full public view, till the last day, was its anti-Modi measures. How much was Kapil Sibal, Diggy Singh and others trying to find some Judge or other to agree to sit on Snoopgate? Rahul was speaking as if all “WOMEN” in Gujarat were being snooped by Modi for no reason in Gujarat. Ditto with Priyanka and Sonia. For all that, the woman in question and her father had thanked the Gujarat government for the HELP it rendered. Brazenness and misuse of Power has to have some limits. Manmohan Singh’s Government did not have any such limits. Neither did Rahul’s Congress Party. Evidently, till this moment, Rahul and Congress have not learnt a single good lesson from the people’s verdict.
Ahead of swearing in, Modi and BJP are both making the right moves and sending the right messages to all people and nations around.
Inviting SAARC leaders to the ceremony is a Good thing to do. The problem within India is – the contiguous Indian states unnecessarily, either have too much affinity or too much aversion for the foreign countries surrounding us.
They are not realizing that, long term friendship with these countries is a MUST, and that can of course be based on continuous solving of inter-country Problems. Every border country is a Potential ally of either India or of China. Except Pakistan, Others don’t really Prefer China over India. But, India, would be foolish to force them to opt for such friendship with China – for any reason on earth what so ever.
All internecine problems can be addressed much better – with India as a friend and not with India as an enemy. The Indian border states must understand this long term compulsion and offer cooperation to the Centre in tackling their own problems with neighbouring countries in a spirit of friendship. This is the second immediate challenge cum opportunity for India.
Modi has clearly indicated that performance as a Minister and as a Secretary is a must and the Individuals must be accountable for their performance or the lack of it. Dr.Singh was a total failure in ensuring compliance with his views. Mr. Raja is a glaring example of this, but other Ministers were also in the same genre. There wasn’t any great performance coming from any one. The whole nation was suffering under serious inflation in essential commodities and yet the Central food, agri and commerce Ministries were dozing comfortably and doing nothing.
They along with state Ministries must have geared up for strong administrative measures and supply side measures. This is one of the priorities for Modi Government. Within a month, there must be a Minister cum secretary level conference of all relevant central and state Governments, to plan for reversing the Inflation levels significantly. This meeting must come out with concrete measures at both centre and state levels to tackle Inflation and bring it down to comfortable levels within 3 months. This is a priority for the Modi Government.
Power, Coal, Gas and other energy sources must be harnessed fast. There are so many Power projects waiting for either land or Coal or gas, for their functioning. The next Energy Minister must make Coal India and other Coal Producers more productive. All mafia-like operations in them must be ruthlessly eliminated. India needs more Coal and Coal India must rise up to the occasion. Coal-supply to Power sector must be augmented immediately. Coal India’s productivity is crucial to Power sector performance. Ditto with Petroleum and Gas reserves. ONGC’s role in holding back Reliance and CAIRN from their own expansions and efficient functioning must be curtailed. Instead, Reliance and CAIRN’s Representatives must find place on ONGC Board, to speed up its own operations. India needs to achieve self sufficiency in Petroleum and Gas . Small changes like these will go a long way in boosting the performance of ONGC, Reliance and Cairn and other players in this sector. Have private sector reps in Public sector Companies. This helps mutually.
Road Building is languishing for lack of land acquisition. This must be remedied. The Land acquisition Bill must essentially take care of the interests of the Landholders displaced. They must be justly compensated. If that happens, the “additional land cost” incurred will be a small percentage of the overall project cost and all projects will take off quickly. But, Roads are a must and Land acquisition for Road Building is a Must. Separate Road Building requirements, from the rest, in the LA Bill. Road Building is unlike any other activity. The ownership rests always with Government and all members of Public are its free users. At the same time, it is a monopoly of the Government and therefore, Government has to plan for roads for at least a hundred Years’ requirements.
Roads, Power and Water are the three important things that Government has to Provide. Water is something that can be provided to every village of India, but, it takes great planning and serious effort. I am suggesting to ChandraBabu Naidu of AP, Navin Patnaik of Odisha and the Central Government under Modi to first plan the linking of the easy stretch of Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna and Penna and providing water from the Northern most district of Odisha to Southernmost district of AP.
Naidu can take the lead in the formation of the plans for AP and Patnaik for Odisha and the linking can be done at the border. Even if only Flood waters are put into strong canals, instead of into Bay of Bengal, it can provide waters to all districts which currently do not have water. Cleaning of Ganga is a Major Plan and should be implemented in stages. Revamping Varanasi is another great Plan.
So, ..as the saying goes...and miles to go before Modi or his Ministers can sleep...
Thursday, May 15, 2014
RESULTS (ALMOST) OUT
The trends of Results are extremely Heartening. People have taught the right Lessons to the Congress and other abjectly communal, corrupt parties. They are being wiped out. Whether Congress and other communal parties really learn their lessons – is a different matter altogether. They may not. Or, in an unlikely event, they may .
So what worked for BJP? Nothing other than Modi. Let me be very clear on this. Not the RSS campaign. Not the Amit Shah campaign. Not any other Seemingly Big leader in BJP. Modi and only Modi has worked this magic.
He was absolutely SECULAR. He was inclusive in all his speeches and Interviews. He was developmental in his Agenda.
All his speeches and all his Press Interviews were Master Pieces in communication. He was Centrist all the way. Neither right wing religionistic Nor Left wing anti rich,anti—this or that class.
He was absolutely reasonable to all people in all his speeches.
But then, BJP must rally behind the Policies laid down by Modi in all his speeches.
1. BJP must totally eschew the Mandir Agenda. No one in BJP must even speak about it. If Mandir becomes IN, BJP will be again OUT. Majority of Hindus also are averse to Mandir in Politics. Narendra Modi made this very clear in his speeches and Interviews – and some others in BJP must not spoil it. Mandir Issue is in Supreme Court. When court permits it, let a religious organization build the temple. NOT BJP. Mandir issue is the SUICIDAL INSTINCT in some sections of BJP.
2. Modi did not campaign much at all in Tamilnadu. BJP Unit in Tamilnadu did not do much of a recruitment Drive for members. Tamilnadu BJP must go much beyond RSS – and go for recruiting members into BJP from all across the people spectrum. If only Tamilnadu BJP goes into a recruitment mode and Modi comes and delivers a few more speeches, Tamilnadu BJP will be a strong contender in Tamilnadu as well. Ditto, with Bengal and Kerala. Now, BJP must focus on the next assembly Elections. Therefore, Modi has to bear his administrative tasks and also take on the task of strengthening BJP in all states.
3. Leaders in BJP must strongly rally behind the Moderate, developmental agenda of Narendra Modi. Some leaders may need to subordinate their EGOS and their Hindutva agenda – to the common Indian Agenda. Narendra Modi epitomizes this approach – acceptable to 90% of the people. But for Modi’s all-inclusive approach, moderates would have found it very difficult to support any other Hindutva approach.
4. I personally and I think millions of Indians like me too, thank RAJNATH SINGHJI, for staunchly supporting Narendra Modi’s candidature for PRIME MINISTERSHIP, and further standing staunchly be him when some leaders were sulking. Sulking leaders do not win People’s hearts. Only the likes of Modi who go out and govern and convince people of their good Intentions – can win elections by such Huge Margins.
5. In BJP, I certainly like many leaders like Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Smriti Irani, Amit Shah – who are all Moderates in the mould of Narendra Modi. Amit Shah, in his recent interviews is speaking very moderately – in the language of his Boss, narendra Modi and that should be the way for all others too. Jaitley and Sushma were Great Parliamentarians and they must support Modi in his New Role as Prime Minister.
6. For the BJP, development must be the only Priority in entire India – including Kashmir. Art.370 need not be made a contentious Issue now. Let BJP get wider acceptance in the valley too. It can happen, if Pakistan terrorists are tackled with an iron hand and the valley is assured of peace and development. That, and not Art.370, should be the IMMEDIATE PRIORITY.
7. How to ensure very FAST DEVELOPMENT : This is the Immediate question. First priority is to ensure that coal mining picks up asnd coal gets supplied to all Electricity generation companies. Electricity Plants are ready – but no electricity is flowing from them. This is because of lack of coal and Gas and agreements with transmission PSU companies. A special, empowered Task force headed by a cabinet Minister like Jaitley or Rajnath must be made in charge of this work with a 6 month time frame. The whole of India must be ensured of electricity – much like Gujarat. This must be the top priority. Second, getting all closed iron ore and other ore mines opened and working is another priority – which can be tackled easily. Tackling Inflation is a TOP PRIORITY, along with state Governments. Supply side measures must be taken on war footing in cases, where prices have galloped.
8. People like me are very, very happy that Narendra Modi is winning all the way. Leadership doesn’t depend on age, seniority in Party etc. It depends on People’s acceptance. Modi has been unequivocally accepted by People of India as their Leader and Prime Minister. Seniors in BJP need to realize this and Bless Modi.
9. Next comes irritants like US VISA. Now, though it is too late for being Graceful, USA must at least now see the writing on the wall. Narendra Modi is the MOST SECULAR POLITICIAN OF INDIA. He is the most progressive politician of India. USA was led by a corrupt, communal Congress into believing that 2002 was the doing of Modi. It wasn’t.1984 was the doing of Congress. But nobody in congress is punished. In 2002 riots, Modi ensured that the legal and judicial process led to the punishment of all culprits. US perceptions on this must change , lest they should look foolish and insane in the eyes of India and the world.
10. I wish Narendra Modi all the best in leading India into a Great Position of strength, respect and friendship in the comity of all Nations.
Hail the People of India for their wisdom
Sarver Janaah Sukhino Bhavanthu
Monday, May 12, 2014
What they foretell !
Exit Polls are Great Gossiping Material. They could go wrong by a good margin. But, many politicians , media men and people interested in Politics – are apprehensive that they could, after all be right.
BJP feels and Prays that the best of the Polls, giving BJP over 300 seats, proves right – but has nightmares that the worst of the Polls may prove right and that too with the proverbial + or – 3% Margin Error, most probably the latter.
Congress on the other hand feels that the best of Polls (from its own perspective) proves right, giving it SOMEHOW, the way to Power to make all non-BJP Parties line up before Congress to join hands with it, against BJP.
These are private feelings and fears – not the public display of their Bravado.
Polls, Prayers, wishes, arguments will all continue until the counting begins – and Ends. Reality will come to haunt all after that.
All this said – even Congress does not give itself a score much above 100, as of now. BJP does not give itself less than 220, even by the worst Polls and probability of -3% margin error.
So, even if this much only is the probability – what does it indicate? There is an undeniable Modi-wave. People want Modi as the PM. People do not want Rahul or Arvind as PM. This is the fact written on the wall – absolutely undeniable, even for the Congress and AAP.
Why do the Majority of people want Modi as PM and not the other two?
Modi has proved himself to be a Good Leader in Gujarat in the last 12 years. He has won succession of Poll victories in Gujarat.
But, Congress & its UPA allies were trying hard to give a Bad name to Modi for last 12 years. In the process, they told so many blatant and unacceptable lies which can never stand the test of any Logic.
Many a time, in the process of giving Bad Name to Modi, Congress and some of its cronies were trying to give a bad name to the whole of Gujarat and its people.
People definitely did not like the way Congress stood in the way of US Government giving VISA to Modi. In the process, Congress tarnished the image of India and its legal, police and judicial processes. But, Modi stood with dignity. In the so called snoopgate, the lady and her father never complained, but Congress and her cronies were trying to tarnish the image of Modi; Rahul especially was talking – as of Modi had ordered snooping on so many WOMEN in Gujarat without their knowledge. This was a plain lie.
When leadership counts – Modi at every step proved Head and shoulders above the rest.
He started demolishing the decades old image of BJP being a communal party with his clear, ABSOLUTELY SECULAR slogans, rhetoric and image.
I do not know what RSS stands for even now. I do not know what the rest of BJP stands for, even now. But, certainly Modi stands for Secularism and for the unity and development of all Indians irrespective of caste and religion. Every word of every speech and every interview of Modi in the last several years conveyed this much to India. No doubt, some hardliners in BJP and the VHP were show spoilers.
They talked of Mandir, Hindu-Muslim divide etc. They were minor leaders. But, they gave big ammunition to Congress and others. If they all had toed the line of Modi, BJP’s tally would have been much better. Hopefully, all of them would realize that, this vote, how much ever it is, is a VOTE FOR MODI and his brand of secularism and development. Hopefully, they will remain silent for next 5 years, without raking up communal slogans.
Many Parties and many party leaders specifically targeted Modi – in possibly the worst of language. Digvijay Singh was always so. He was targeting Modi’s marital relations in an ugly manner, even when BJP was maintaining a dignified silence on Diggy’s own extra marital affairs. Mani Shankar Iyer joined the league with the Chai-wala remark. It was in very Bad Taste – and Mr. Iyer should have gracefully accepted his fault. This was Bad Politics.
Mamata, Maya and many other Party leaders did not bat an eyelid before calling Modi this, that, any thing that came to the Mouth. Modi maintained absolute dignity and maintained Political dialogue – as Political Dialogue – when others brought it down to personal abuses. Mamata’s abusive tongue itself would have raised BJP’s voting percentage in Bengal at least 2% higher. Given more time, Mamata would have lost her voting share very fast, with every single abuse she was hurling at Modi.
In Tamilnadu, Ms.Jayalalithaa didn’t commit such mistakes. The smaller parties did not energize themselves much even after Modi’s tours. They did not project Modi’s relevance effectively. But. Ms. Jayalalithaa projected herself with small, small public good related plans. These were certainly eye-catching and Vote-catching. And, during elections, it was made to appear that electricity situation had also improved! Subsequently, it went back to scarcity. That does not take away the good plans that madam was implementing.
If she maintains cordial relations with centre and seeks help, Modi will only be too willing to help her tide over the electricity crisis in Tamilnadu. Tamilnadu parties in general must reduce the chorus on Sri Lanka and find better ways to maintain relations and help the Tamils in Sri Lanka more effectively.
Maharashtra’s Shiv Sena and other groups must reduce their anti-other state chorus. It does Maharashtra great harm and reduces its Great name considerably. Raj Thackeray, especially , must realize that India and Indians must unite in our efforts to make India Great. Regionalism is the biggest enemy of nationalism.
Congress always called itself a secular party. Has it been remaining so in recent years? I feel, no. Congress was behaving like a worst communal party – dividing people in the name of religion and caste.
My feeling is – Modi has been the best statesman of India who was absolutely fair to all sections of people. No Congress leader can be compared with him at this point of time. But, some of the Younger leaders in Congress have Huge Potential in them, if only they shun the dishonest ways of current senior leaders.
AAP and Arvind Kejriwal have disappointed people of Delhi. They made so many promises and then went back on them. They were so much against corruption at first – but now, they almost seem to be willing to join hands with the same Congress, which in their own view, proved to be the most corrupt national Party.
AAP should understand that the nation has rejected AAP’s rejection of BJP and Modi and that the nation is reposing Great faith in Modi – and not in AAP. Therefore, as an honest party, AAP must co-operate with Modi and NDA. But, if it joins with Congress, it would be a tragedy for its ideology. Tell me your friend, I will tell who you are! This has happened to AAP to certain extent already.
Seats don’t matter. Intentions do. Modi wants to develop India, Unite the people and initiate a Huge developmental effort that will catapult India to the TOP LEAGUE in the world. So, other parties must also join NDA in this great effort.
This seems to be the lessons and efforts at this point of time.
* * * E N D * * *